Amazing Surf Adventures is excited to announce Operation Surf Santa Cruz 2015, April 21st through 27th. This event is held in support of the men and women whom have sacrificed so much to protect our freedom. Severely wounded active duty and veteran service members from various branches of the U.S. military who served in Afghanistan and Iraq will take part in an epic life-changing experience at beaches across the Central Coast. Through the healing power of the ocean and surfing, these wounded heroes to whom we owe so much, will overcome challenges and build a new understanding of their life’s potential.
For many participants, the trip to Operation Surf is their first time leaving the hospital since being injured in Iraq or Afghanistan, making this unique and highly effective healing tool an invaluable part of their early recovery. At previous Operation Surf Santa Cruz events, the wounded heroes have been astounded at the outpouring of love and appreciation from the Santa Cruz community and its many volunteers. Several opportunities exist for community involvement
When our wounded heroes arrive at the airport to hundreds of supporters waving American flags and holding signs thanking them for their service, it sets the tone for the entire week. Volunteers at the beach, in the water and at other key support roles are an invaluable component of our cause. Click the volunteer link above if you would like to help out!
Come see us at any one or all of our upcoming Operation Surf Santa Cruz fundraisers:
- March 19 – 5pm to 9pm – PONO HAWAIIAN GRILL
- March 25 – 5pm to 9pm – OLITAS CANTINA & GRILLE
- April 1 – 7:30pm – SAN JOSE SHARKS VS. COLORADO AVALANCHE
- April 16 – RIO THEATRE – Surf Flick Night
- April 19 – 9am to noon at Capitola Main Beach – WATER WARRIOR CHALLENGE!
Event Dates and Schedule:
- April 21 – TROOP ARRIVAL at DREAM INN – All welcome!
- April 22 – OPENING CEREMONIES at COWELL’S – 11:00 am – All welcome!
- April 22-24 – Surfing at COWELL’S
- April 25-26 – Surfing in CAPITOLA
QUESTIONS: Contact OSSC: firstname.lastname@example.org